At the University of Chicago Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, we want students to have access to academic and cultural resources, but to also have opportunities independent of the classroom and student life. Thus, the following is a list of opportunities where students can go to search for funding, enrich their summers or find work after graduation.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
2010 Exploring Medical Missions Conference
Often, many people groups are forgotten until something like a major disaster gets the world's attention. Overlooked by the majority and left behind in the dash for progress, these silent persons piece together lives from the leftovers, as they succumb the physical and mental repercussions of neglect.
Conference speakers include experienced medical missionaries and international medicine experts. For a list of speaker information, click here.
Is Continuing Education Credit Available? Yes! Please click here for more details.
What's New This Year? Poster Presentations
* Poster Presentations are one of the newest addition to the 2010 EMMC. Share your ideas on a one-to-one basis with colleagues at the conference.
* Education, Public Health, & Clinical Tracks for the Conference Breakout Sessions
At the completion of the Exploring Medical Missions Conference, conference participants will be able to:
* Conduct an accurate community health survey
* Promote health through community development
* Effectively diagnose and treat the leading diseases of poverty
* Approach health interventions in a culturally competent fashion
* Successfully educate healthcare professionals and students in caring for low-resource communities
Should I Attend?
The Conference is open to anyone but is specifically designed for those who are interested in serving the forgotten, both internationally and domestically. Going into it's 5th year of existence, the 2010 Exploring Medical Missions Conference expects to attract a capacity crowd, so register now to reserve your spot! Participants will also have the opportunity to network with exhibiting organizations to learn more about available opportunities to serve.
Where Will I Stay?
Discounted rates are available at nearby hotels. There are also low-cost accommodations within walking distance of the conference at Residence Halls at the University of Missouri - Kansas City. More Information
More details about the conference available here.
Click here to register for the Exploring Medical Missions Conference
For questions or to learn more about the Exploring Medical Missions Conference contact
INMED Email: email@example.com