MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, CENTRAL OFFICE PM TEAM
OFFICE OF PERFORMANCE
OFFICE OF PERFORMANCE
The Performance Management Team is responsible for:
- Creating and implementing a management-focused process that ensures that decisions are based on empirical evidence about what supports schools and students
- Institutionalizing a performance-based culture at CPS
- Project managing large-scale projects to improve policies, processes and procedures
- Ensuring fact-based accountability at program, employee, manager level
- Developing outcome-based metrics for what matters
- Assisting in the creation of data systems (as required) to capture critical information
- Functions as a member of the Performance Management team by consulting with executive and senior staff, and individuals across the District in identifying issues and developing policy and operational solutions.
- Identifies internal and external best practices and creative solutions that can be applied to CPS operations.
- Serves as a liaison to individual departments and areas in analyzing performance metrics, developing strategies, and executing and tracking solutions. Works with departments/areas to develop and analyze meaningful performance metrics. Provides ongoing oversight and support to ensure that measures are being used to effectively manage operations, identify and manage risks and effect institutional change.
- Manages high priority projects as identified by the CEO and the Performance Management team. Leads overall project definition, solution identification and implementation. Coordinates teams across multiple departments, including at CPS headquarters, schools and other CPS locations. Establishes measures to determine the success of projects and ensures that all targets and requirements are met. Reports project status and issues to project oversight committees and/or CPS leadership as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience required; Master’s degree a plus
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; capable of effectively communicating with a variety of audiences.
- Intense intellectual curiosity and desire to get to the root cause. Team player comfortable working with a variety of people and capable of leading a group towards a common goal.
- Able to successfully navigate between advocate and fact finder.
- Flexible and comfortable working on a variety of assignments at a given time. Able to balance competing priorities and deadlines.
- Willingness to travel frequently to schools and other CPS locations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel; familiarity with Access and statistical analysis software a plus.
- Prior project management experience and/or experience in education preferred.
SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO CHIEF PERFORMANCE OFFICER
Purpose or Summary Statement of Primary Duties and Responsibilities of Position:
Acts as the special assistant to the Chief Performance Officer on various matters relating to Performance Management. The Performance Management Special Assistant will also support the CPO in strategic planning and department initiatives.
- Act as a point of contact between Chief Performance Officer and key stakeholders. Represent CPO in meetings and special projects when CPO is not present.
- Serve as Senior Project Manager of the Performance Management initiative. Provide oversight and guidance to PM Analysts.
- Relieves CPO of various executive support functions including, preparing presentations and liaising with stakeholders and handling critical issues as they arise.
- Assist in the development, implementation and assessment of strategic planning initiatives.
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure strategic goals are aligned with Chicago Public Schools’ principal initiatives.
- Oversee the Performance Management process and strategic planning initiatives to ensure they are aligned with CPS’ bottom line.
- Project management and leadership skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good communication and strategic planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- 5-7 years of applicable work experience.