The Jeff Metcalf Fellows Program provides paid, substantive internships exclusively to students in the College at the University of Chicago. While the actual opportunities may differ slightly each year, internships are available throughout the United States and other countries with opportunities offered in a wide variety of fields, including:
- Arts & Culture
- Government & Public Policy
- Research and Education
- Social Change
- Internships offer the opportunity to further develop academic knowledge and various skill sets in an experiential learning environment. Metcalf Fellows explore career fields and gain substantive work experiences, which increase marketability and value to employers for future internships and jobs.
- Employer mentors, University staff, alumni, and other friends of the program are committed to the learning and success of Metcalf Fellows and also serve as a career network along with current and former Metcalf Fellows.
- Metcalf internships may also lead to additional project work, internships or full-time jobs for students with Metcalf employers in the future.
- Metcalf internships generally offer full-time work during the summer, or part-time work during the academic year. These internships offer competitive compensation, which is usually $10 per hour or the industry standard. While housing is not provided, Career Advising and Planning Services can assist you with locating housing resources in the internship locations.
Metcalf opportunities are being posted regularly and can be found in Chicago Career Connection which is accessible through the main CAPS website.