1st Year College Students: Apply for the 1st Cycle of 2011!
- Be a citizen, national, legal permanent resident of the U.S., or citizen of the Freely Associated States.
- Be a resident of California, Oregon or Washington or attending college in one of these states.
- Be enrolled or will be enrolled in a U.S. accredited 4-year college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, student majoring in math, science or related field.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
How to Apply:
- Apply Online. You may complete the application online through the link below. If you do not have a computer or internet access, you may submit a hard copy of the application by filling out the PDF form also available below.
- Transcript. You must submit a copy of an official transcript (most recent) with your application. For online applications, an electronic version of the transcript must be submitted with the application. Electronic versions must be uploaded as PDF files, and file names should be formatted as follows: "[Last Name]_[First Name]_Transcript.pdf". For example, a PDF file of Anna Lee's transcript should be named: "Lee_Anna_Transcript.pdf".
- Find a Recommender. You are required to have one recommender form submitted from an individual who knows you and is familiar with your community service and leadership activities. The recommender form may be completed online through the link below. If you or your recommender does not have a computer or internet access, you may submit a hard copy by filling out the PDF form also available below. A teacher, advisor, work supervisor, community service leader, or any other adult familiar with you can serve as a recommender. *Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
- Submit Your Application. The deadline to submit your application for the 2011-1st Cycle is March 30, 2011. Hard copies of applications must be received by the Asian Pacific Community Fund office no later than the deadline. Late or incomplete applications will be ineligible. Submission of more than one application will also result in disqualification.
- Application Status. You will be notified no later than May 6, 2011 regarding the status of your application.
Download Forms in PDF:
Deadline for 2011-1st Cycle: March 30, 2011
Send hard copies of applications to:
Asian Pacific Community Fund
Attn: Scholarship Program
1145 Wilshire Blvd., 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Do not mail additional materials, such as resumes, certificates, or newspaper clippings, unless requested. They will not be reviewed.
For more information, please call (213) 624-6400 x6, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.