CHCI is seeking full-time college undergraduate students who are interested in participating in the 2011 Summer Congressional Internship Program. Selected individuals will receive an unmatched experience learning first-hand about our nation’s legislative process working for a member of Congress, as well as stipends, housing and round-trip airfare.
Students of ALL majors that have an interest in the development of public policy and who have demonstrated leadership abilities should apply. Forward this message to friends and family who may be interested in becoming a future Latino leader!
- Students currently enrolled full time working towards their undergraduate degree (Note: Individuals that will graduate in May/June 2011 are NOT eligible for the Summer session)
- High academic achievement (preference of 3.0 GPA or above)
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Active participation in public and/or community service activities
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency
All Summer Interns will receive an eight-week work experience on Capitol Hill and great benefits:
- Free roundtrip travel to Washington, DC
- Monthly metro stipends
- Housing (all expenses paid by CHCI)
- Stipend of $2,500 for the eight weeks in DC
The selection process is competitive. CHCI receives over ten applications for every one available internship opportunity. The CHCI Alumni Review Committee reviews applications to identify the most qualified candidates. CHCI staff will select top candidates for internship positions.
Online Application Instructions
Applicants must complete the CHCI online application by Friday, February 4, 2011. Please contact Cecilia Majors, CHCI Senior College Program Specialist, at email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO APPLY