The grants are funded by a Title VI National Resource Center grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Six or more travel grants of up to $1250 each will be made to cover travel and lodging expenses.
Expectation of Grantees:
- Remain in Gainesville for at least one week and,
- Following their stay, submit a brief (2-3 pp.) report on how their work at UF Libraries enriched their research project
- Offer suggestions for possible improvements of the Latin American Collection.
- Researchers’ work at the Latin American Collection may be undertaken at any time during the summer, starting May 15, 2011.
- All travel must be completed by August 14, 2011.
- At least one grant will be made to a scholar from a Florida college or university.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Application Deadline: March 2, 2011.
- All applications must be filed electronically.
- To apply for a Library Travel Grant, send a letter of intent, brief library research proposal, travel budget, and CV to: Aimee Green, Program Coordinator, Center for Latin American Studies, 318 Grinter Hall, Telephone: 352-273-4715, E-mail: email@example.com.
- Visit the website for more information.