The CAPS Career Peer Advisers (CPAs) serve as peer educators and work as an extension of CAPS to provide high quality service to UChicago students. CPAs are responsible for educating fellow students about CAPS’ resources and programs, serving as a resource for feedback and assistance in searching for opportunities and writing resumes and cover letters, as well as conducting outreach programs to student organizations and other campus groups. Career Peer Advisers (CPAs) will also advise CAPS on student career needs and provide feedback on programs and initiatives. Extensive training is provided and no experience is necessary.
Requirements/Qualifications of Career Peer Advisors:
- Willingness to commit a minimum of 3 hours per week including bi-weekly professional development meetings, 2 hours staffing the CAPS library or 2 hours conducting outreach on campus.
- Must be reliable and able to remain committed to CPA obligations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a desire to develop peer education skills.
- Must be in a good academic standing (3.0 or above)
- Participate in one half day orientation and weekly training sessions in the Fall Quarter.
o Friday, 10/7/11 11:30 – 1pm Welcome Lunch
o Saturday, 10/8/11 9am – noon Orientation & Training
o Saturday, 10/15/11 10am – noon Resume Workshop
o Friday, 10/21/11 9am – 10:30am Team Building Workshop
o Friday, 10/28/11 noon – 1:30pm Resume Workshop pt II
o Friday, 11/4/11 9am – 10:30am Leadership Development Workshop
o Friday, 11/11/11 9am – 10:30am Cover Letter Workshop
o Friday, 11/18/11 noon – 1:30pm Presentation Skills Workshop
o Friday, 12/2/11 noon – 1:30pm Cover Letter Workshop pt II
If you have any questions, please contact Bora Un, Assistant Director, Undergraduate Preparation and CPA Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the CAPS website.
Application and Selection Process:
- Students must submit the application below, an up to date resume, and short answer responses on CCC by Sunday, May 29, 2011 at 11:59pm
- Pre-selected applicants will participate in an interview with CAPS staff Thursday, June 2nd– Saturday, June 4th and will be notified of the final decision by Friday, June 10th