- Develop and coordinate QGroups – LGBTQ discussion group as a vibrant, confidential, informal social student support service for LGBTQ, questioning, and straight allies.
- Coordinates and distributes the weekly e-newsletter of the Office.
- Coordinate the Office's social media, including, but not limited to, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Blogs.
- Serve as facilitator for one of the QGroups.
- Develop and execute programming and resources for LGBTQ students.
- Represent the Office of LGBTQ Student Life at various campus events.
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of these efforts and recommend future improvements.
- Attend and facilitate various quarterly trainings, including 5710 trainings and QGroup trainings.
Hours: The intern is expected to work approximately five (5) hours per week during each 11 week academic quarter (Fall, Winter, and Spring). There is the opportunity for additional hours and compensation for work study eligible students.
Compensation: Each intern will be paid $500 per quarter. There is the opportunity for additional compensation and hours for work study eligible students. Work study eligible students are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply: If you wish to apply for the internship, email email@example.com and include a cover letter explaining why you wish to be considered for this position, a copy of your resume, and contact information for two references. Please highlight all relevant programming, project management, and peer counseling experience.
Appliction Deadline: Friday, May 27, 2011
Questions: If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact Jeffrey Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773.834.1005.