The Sustainability Council is now accepting applications for the 2011-2012 academic year. Deadline for submitting electronic applications is noon on Friday, October 14, 2011.
The Sustainability Council is a committee of faculty, staff, and students that advises the University of Chicago on strategic sustainability initiatives, programs, and policies. By bringing together these three constituencies, the Council provides guidance on environmental initiatives and helps to advancesustainable policies at the University.
Please note, this year there are a limited number of Council positions available and students must submit an application to be considered for appointment.
Meetings will be held each quarter for 90 minutes during which this advisory body will:
- Engage in policy review, providing consultation and recommendations
- Advise the University on sustainability initiatives, programs, and policies
- Assess institutional progress toward increasing sustainability on campus
- Promote greater environmental awareness throughout the University
- Centralize information on sustainability at the University
To apply for student appointment in the University of Chicago Sustainability Council, please complete the attached application.Faculty and staff who are interested in Council membership, please contact Katie.