The International Students Admissions Council (ISAC) will be comprised of College students who are committed to facilitating the exploration of the University of Chicago by prospective international students especially regarding academic and student life at the College and serving as a resource for such students during the admissions process. Working in tandem with the Office of College Admissions and the Prospective Student Advisory Council (PSAC), ISAC members will volunteer their time to support outreach to and programming for prospective international students. ISAC members will also serve as liaisons between the Admissions Office and other Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). ISAC is open to all College students.
ISAC Member Expectations:
1. Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission of this organization.
2. Facilitate the exploration of the University of Chicago by prospective international students especially regarding the academic and student life of the College.
3. Participate in recruiting and yield activities for prospective students.
4. Maintain discretion and confidentiality.
1. Initiate, create, and maintain social media outreach to prospective international students through various media including, but not limited to, a Facebook page, online blog, and web videos, and the ISAC e-mail account.
2. Assist with and participate in recruiting and yield events including, but not limited to, shifts at Admitted Student weekends (spring quarter) and phone-a-thons (winter and spring quarters).
3. Attend regularly scheduled meetings with International Admissions Team.
Applications are due Friday, November 4, 2011.
Interviews for applicants will be held the week of November 7, 2011.