A year of service is challenging, but also rewarding and fulfilling. While there is no typical corps member background, all corps members must have the ability to work on a team, be a leader, develop leadership skills and be ready to commit 10 months to full-time service.
Who We Are Looking For:Our corps members must also meet certain eligibility requirements.
To participate, you must:
- Have a college degree or have attended some college, have a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to dedicate 10 months to full-time service
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident alien
- Have served no more than 3 terms in another AmeriCorps, NCCC or VISTA program
- Agree to a background or security check
City Year is available to all, without regard to race, color, origin, gender, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
Before You Apply:Before applying, City Year encourages you to:
- Visit our Virtual Open House or attend a Special Event at a City Year location near you
- Contact Recruitment at a City Year location where you might want to serve
- Connect with City Year on Facebook, Twitter and our National Blog
|Apply by:||Notified after:|
|September 30||October 21|
|November 15||December 16|
|February 15||March 16|
|April 30||May 30|