Given the strong interest in higher education administration among graduate students, Career Advancement has created the Higher Education Fellows Program. This program is intended for graduate students seeking experience in university administration specifically and program management more broadly. More information is available online at: https://careeradvancement.
The Office of the Provost is now offering a position through the Higher Education Fellows Program for 2012-13. That office is seeking a graduate student to assist with graduate diversity recruitment. Assignments may include but are not limited to survey development and analysis, organizing campus visits, leading social media initiatives and outreach to prospective students, clerical duties and the tracking of pipeline programs, assisting with the development of research projects, minority recruitment yield events, and pipeline program activities. A successful candidate will work closely with Graduate Ambassadors in the Office of Enrollment and Graduate Student Affairs.
Qualities Sought in a Candidate:
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to think on one’s feet
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Self-starter attitude
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, friendliness and warmth
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal communication, public speaking, and organizational skills
- Comfort with communicating across disciplines
- Graduate student (MA or PhD) enrolled at The University of Chicago
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Access preferred
- Coursework in statistical methods and analysis preferred
- Knowledge of social media tools
- Knowledge of professional email etiquete
- Familiarity with speaking to the public
- Experience creating materials for the public
- Experience working with student communities of color
- Experience planning small-scale events
Hours and Schedule: 12 hours per week.
Wage: $15.00 per hour
Start Date: November 2012
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter highlighting interest in the position and previous experience to Sara Bosworth, Assistant Director of Experiential Education, Career Advancement (Bosworth@uchicago.edu). The deadline to apply is November 2.