The application period for the White House Internship Program is now open. The application deadline for the Summer 2013 program is January 27, 2013. All application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted on or before the application deadline.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution)
- Graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the first day of the internship
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty, for any length of time, in the two years preceding the first day of the internship
- The White House Internship Program is an unpaid program
- Interns will be expected to work from approximately 9:00 AM-6:00 PM, Monday-Friday
- Hours may vary by office
- Please see Internship Timeline and FAQs for questions regarding the definition of "full-time.
The application deadline for the Summer 2013 program is January 27, 2013. A completed packet includes:
- Two Essays: Each answer should be between 300-500 words in length
- Current Resume: Your resume should not exceed one page
- Two Letters of Recommendation