• Opportunity to staff and monitor key legislative initiatives and issues relevant to the AAPI community.
• Work on a wide variety of projects, issues and programs.
• Conduct research and study topics assigned.
• Interact with other national AAPI and civil rights organizations in the DC area.
• Work with JACL and other organizations to organize programs and events.
• Serve on various civil rights and AAPI committees.
• Perform a wide variety of duties, and work directly with the Executive Director.
• Minimum four year degree from an accredited college or university.
• Excellent writing, analytical, and computer skills.
• Ability to take directions and follow through with assignments.
• Must work well with others and have good interpersonal skills.
• Be a member of the JACL and familiar with AAPI issues.
Time Period & Stipend:
The term of the fellowship will be for a time period of six to ten months and will begin as soon as the recipient is available. A $2,200 monthly stipend will be provided.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, a sample of writing, and names and contact information for two (2) references to the Washington, D.C. office of the JACL at email@example.com with "Mineta Fellowship" in the subject line. Applications are due by Friday, June 7th 2013.
For any questions regarding the fellowship, contact the Washington, D.C. office at 202-223-1240.
The Norman Y. Mineta Fellowship is made possible with the help of generous sponsors AARP and Southwest Airlines.