The theme for the Education Without Borders 2011 Conference is: Innovative Solutions to Global Challenges. Its five sub-themes are
- Education: Enhancing access, ensuring success
- Economics: Harnessing entrepreneurship and business opportunities for positive impact
- Science, Engineering, & Technology: Solutions for a better future
- New media: Engaging and empowering individuals
- Policy: Advocacy, diplomacy and activism to drive change
1. Make a submission on one of the conference themes.
Submissions may be in the form of:
- Academic research papers
- Critical analysis papers
- Project proposals for entrepreneurial ideas
- Video documentaries
- Short films
The deadline for all other submissions is December 23.
The authors selected to present at the conference will have their airfare (round trip) to the conference covered. For more information click here.
2. Apply to attend the conference without a submission. The deadline is December 23. Since most attendees of the conference do make submissions, it is advisable to do so given the competitive nature of the application process. Applications for the conference itself may be submitted here.
Conference costs: In country accommodation, provision of meals, transportation and EWB registration fees for all international student participants are sponsored by the Higher Colleges of Technology of the United Arab Emirates. Participants are responsible only for the cost of airfares to and from the United Arab Emirates. A number of air travel scholarships will be available for selected papers and projects.
Please direct all questions to Julia Pei (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the University Community Service Center.