These disabilities include but are not limited to blindness, deafness, complete or partial paralysis, seizure disorders, missing extremities, distortion of limbs and/or spine, psychiatric disabilities that require continuing accommodation, and severe learning disabilities.
Participating organizations have an interest in placing qualified persons with substantial disabilities in summer and permanent positions.
Who is Eligible?
- Individuals who have disabilities &
- Are enrolled at an accredited institution of higher learning on a substantially full-time basis (unless the severity of the disability precludes the student from taking a substantially full-time load) to seek a degree or
- Are enrolled at such an institution as a degree-seeking student taking less than a substantially full-time load in the enrollment period immediately prior to graduation or
- Have graduated with a degree from such an institution within the past year.
- Students who graduated prior to December, 2009, are not eligible to participate this year.
- All participants must be United States citizens.
Students should visit https://wrp.gov/StudentRegisterInstructionPre.do.
Application deadline is Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 11:59pm
On campus interviews will be held on Friday, October 29, 2010.
For more information contact Dillan Siegler, Program Director, Chicago Careers In Public and Social Service, CAPS, at (773) 834-0637 or email@example.com.