Chicago Careers in Public and Social Service (CCIPSS)
CCIPSS SCHOLARS PROGRAM
CCIPSS SCHOLARS PROGRAM
What is the CCIPSS Scholars Program?
This program will provide you with intensive coaching and numerous resources to help you launch your career in the public and social service sector. We will help you achieve your career goals, which may include a full-time job, fellowship, graduate program, or other opportunities in the non-profit, government, policy, or related sectors. In addition to helping you identify the next steps in your career, we will connect you with organizations, employers, alumni, and other professionals to maximize your chance of securing a job or other opportunity of your choice.
The main goal of the CCIPSS Scholars Program is to help all CCIPSS Scholars achieve their career goals within their preferred time frame. For most CCIPSS Scholars, this will mean full-time jobs by graduation or plans to begin fellowships or other opportunities in Fall 2011.
- All fourth-year students are welcome to apply
- You do not have to currently be a member of CCIPSS
- You may be a current member of other Chicago Careers In… (CCI) programs
- You cannot be studying abroad during Winter or Spring Quarters 2011
- You should have an interest in a career in public and social service, which we define very broadly
- Ideally, you should be available on Fridays from 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Fourth-year students who are accepted to the CCIPSS Scholars Program will receive:
- Intensive 1-on-1 advising and a strategic plan to help you successfully achieve your career goals (both now and in the future)
- Skill-building workshops to perfect your resume, cover letter, interviewing, networking, and professionalism skills
- Access to our extensive network of employers, alumni, and professionals in public and social service
- Assistance identifying and connecting with organizations and jobs that match your interests and skills
- Professional mentorship by alumni and professionals in the public service sector
- Priority access to the Trek to DC and other CCIPSS Programs
To maximize each scholar’s ability to secure a job or other opportunity of interest, each scholar must:
- Meet 1-on-1 with your CCIPSS Advisor at least three times during Winter Quarter 2011
- Commit to a strategic plan that will allow you to successfully achieve your career goals
- Attend and participate in the weekly CCIPSS Scholars Program workshops
- Complete all Students’ Weekly Responsibilities (see the CCIPSS Scholars Program Calendar)
- Attend at least three general CCIPSS events or programs during Winter Quarter; programs include any CCIPSS presentations, panels, employer information sessions, site visits, or social events
To apply for the CCIPSS Scholars Program, 4th year students must submit the following to Dillan Siegler at email@example.com by Friday, January 21, 2011 at 9:00am:
- Resume and cover letter
- Chart of public and social service activities you have participated in during the past four years
The CCIPSS Scholars Program will be run by the following staff. Please contact either of them with questions.
- Dillan Siegler, CCIPSS Program Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat Rosenzweig, CCIPSS Advisor – email@example.com