To assist the DMA Government Affairs Department with its work on public policy and lobbying, and with explaining to DMA members the impact of public policy decisions on their business activities. An intern in the office will experience and participate first-hand in the inner workings of an active government relations office, and gain practical experience and insight pertinent to a career in politics, government, law, or government relations.
- Research and summarize legislation and regulations related to marketing.
- Assist in drafting department newsletters on current legislation and regulatory issues.
- Update Government Affairs’ Department website with new information about legislation and regulations.
- Draft alerts to DMA members on specific topics.
- Assist government relations staff with securing appointments.
- Assist with administration of DMA’s Political Action Committee (PAC).
- Cover hearings and mark-ups on Capitol Hill and write summary reports.
- Monitor publications for stories relevant to marketers and DMA.
- Interest in politics and public policy
- Excellent and effortless writer
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Adept at online research and database entry
- Willingness to assist with routine administrative tasks/”team” attitude
- Can work independently or collaboratively
- Dependable/conscientious work ethic
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters to:
George McConnell, Government Affairs Associate/Office Manager, email@example.com