The Interviewer positions are open to rising 4th year students only. The interviewers present themselves professionally as representative of the College Admissions Office and are enthusiastic ambassadors for the College. They meet individually with prospective students and must provide meaningful, written evaluations for applicants’ official files. Exceptional communication and evaluative skills are a must. Interviewers play a significant role in a prospective student’s college search and application process while also informing students and their families about our academic programs, study abroad, CAPS, student orgs and overall life on campus and in the city.
- Engaging prospective students in thirty minute conversations and providing written evaluations for the applicants’ official files.
- Interacting with families of prospective students and answering any questions they have about academic and student life.
- Work with Summer Visit Coordinators, providing general office support, as needed, including data entry, stuffing envelopes, opening mail and answering email.
- Must be a rising 4th year student.
- Possess exceptional communication and evaluative skills
- Display professional behavior & appearance
- Exhibit enthusiasm for the College and city of Chicago. Any student employed by the Admissions Office must sign and adhere to a Confidentiality Agreement.
- 20 hrs/week, including some Saturdays
- $10.00/hour; work study and non-work study eligible
- Interviewers must be available to start on Monday, June 13 and work through Summer Quarter, with hours available in September.
Submit a completed application form along with a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in and qualifications for the position in hard copy to the College Admissions Office in Rosenwald 105 no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, March 11. Application forms may be picked up in Rosenwald 105, or accessed by clicking here.
Formatting is best if downloaded before printing.
Electronic submissions will not be considered unless you are off-campus this quarter.
If you have any questions please contact Heather McClelland (email@example.com), Assistant Director of Admissions.
[If you are also interested in the Summer Visit Coordinator position, and are a second-, third- or fourth-year student, click here]