All Summer Visit Coordinators will work closely with other SVCs and members of the Admissions Office staff to prepare for and facilitate campus visits by prospective students and families, as well as assist with a variety of other tasks within the Admissions Office. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors, help with check-in & provide welcome packets;
- Assist admissions staff in management of large groups during special programs;
- Lead campus tours;
- Provide general office support
- Opportunities may be available to work closely with an admissions counselor on specific projects that reflect individual interests and strengths, e.g. programming, publications, Odyssey Scholar, first generation, international or multicultural student recruitment efforts.
To be considered for a position as an SVC an applicant must be a current University of Chicago undergraduate with a high level of enthusiasm for the College and the city. Successful applicants will have a thorough knowledge of the campus, the College, University resources, and the city of Chicago. Any student employed by the Admissions Office must sign and adhere to a Confidentiality Agreement, and is expected to display a high level of professionalism and appropriate behavior in their interactions with visitors and admissions staff.
- 20 hrs/week, including some Saturdays and Sundays;
- $10.00/hour; work-study and non-work study eligible; to be paid bi-weekly.
- SVCs must be available to start on Monday, June 13, and work through Summer Quarter, with hours available in September.
Submit a completed application form along with a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in and qualifications for the position in hard copy to the College Admissions Office in Rosenwald 105 no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, March 11. Application forms may be picked up in Rosenwald 105, or accessed by clicking here. Formatting is best if downloaded before printing. Electronic submissions will not be considered unless you are off-campus this quarter.
If you have any questions please contact Holly Bland (email@example.com), Associate Director of Admissions.
[If you are a rising fourth-year student interested in working in the admissions office you may also consider the Senior Interviewer position found here]