General Description: This position is funded by an external grant source. If the grant terminates for any reason, if grant funding is lost or reduced for any reason, or if the budgetary needs for fulfilling the grant requirements change, your employment with the University will be immediately discontinued.
- Monitor the computer system and related applications in order to guarantee proper performance, and develop solutions when problems occur.
- Ensure appropriate access to data within the database and will add new users to the system.
- Design and implement system security and other security measures in on-line and off-line environments and participate in the design and code reviews of website design and application design.
- Learn about and understand the nature of new and existing data.
- Maintain and backup all servers, including research servers, internal data mining servers, and SQL database servers.
- Facilitate migration to new hardware, as needed.
- Design applications for data sharing and distribution.
- Create and/or maintain user and group controls for database and website access.
- Design and implement system security and other security measures in on-line and off-line environments.
- Maintain system for GIS and support graphical programming under GIS system.
- Develop and monitor GIS database.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- One year of database administration and one year of system administration (Linux/Unix andWindows) experience.
- Strong knowledge of various platforms and database skills.
- Good understanding of the platform used to run the databases and the current database schema.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good understanding of housing-related data.
- Experience with SAS, ArcView or other GIS software, and MySQL.
Are you interested in joining our team of talented, motivated employees and helping DePaul serve its students and communities around the world? If so, go to www.depaul.edu and select "Employment" at the top of the page to submit your cover letter and résumé online for this and other jobs. Please reference job number .
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.