The Instructional Technology Consultant (2) will report to the Director of School for New Learning (SNL) Online and will be responsible for assisting faculty in designing distance education courses for SNL, in conjunction with a team of faculty, content experts, technology experts and relevant staff. This individual will also be responsible for project management by coordinating the work of a team of instructional and multimedia designers, supporting faculty training, and coordinating course administration together with other staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with faculty and staff to develop Online courses according to the SNL vision and philosophy on student learning, assessment standards, and course design.
- Coordinate steps and project manage development of multiple courses by a team of instructional and multi-media designers.
- Develop and manage administrative, course development and project management tools and processes to support course and faculty development and revision.
- Develop and manage course revision process.
- Advise faculty in development of technology and multimedia course components; such as: wikis, podcasts, videos, webinars and interactive Flash pieces.
- Develop training for instructors and student users in conjunction with other University staff.
- Supervise project management and decision-making.
- Supervise student workers and some part-time employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional or Educational Technology, Organizational Development or related area, or demonstrated evidence of professional work as an instructional designer/trainer.
- 3-5 years instructional or training design experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communications skills, and computing skills.
- Proficient with course management systems; such as: BlackBoard or Desire2Learn.
- Strong project management skills, including; assigning tasks, evaluating work and problem-solving.
- Ability to set up and use project management software; such as: Zoho and MS Project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including; teamwork, consulting and conflict management.
- Demonstrated experience managing people and projects.
- Ability to occasionally work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Ability to occasionally travel to conferences.
- 3-5 years experience in distance education
Go to www.depaul.edu and select "Employment" at the top of the page to submit your cover letter and résumé online for this and other jobs. Please reference job number .
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer