UCSC fosters an active culture of social justice, student activism, service, and civic engagement between the University of Chicago and our surrounding communities. As a senior member of the leadership team for the Assistant Vice President for Student Life in the University, the Associate Dean and Director of the University Community Service Center will have the opportunity to further develop and lead a successful, dynamic, and evolving organization at a world-class research institution.
The UCSC Director will
- Provide visionary leadership to create a culture of service and enhance active student engagement
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key community and civic organizations to identify opportunities for service
- Oversee the implementation of on-going programs and create new initiatives that support community service at the University, and
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and develop three full-time staff and 25-30 student interns.
- A Bachelor's degree;
- 5 years of leadership experience successfully providing strategic direction and vision, setting priorities, managing budgets and staff, developing and implementing projects and programs, and identifying opportunities for improvement;
- A 7 years record of work and/or scholarly achievement in public service and involvement in social service programs including demonstrated success at working with community organizations, non-profit and government agencies as well as working with volunteers;
- Ability to articulate a strong understanding of the challenges of working within a complex, decentralized, and academically rigorous research university environment.
The deadline to submit an application is March 15, 2011.
Please submit your application by this deadline in order to be considered for this position.
The University of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.