CYP is searching for an intern to lead the Teen Girls Mentoring session held in Uptown (4640 N. Sheridan Rd.). The following are the expected responsibilities of the intern:
- Be available for a 8-10 hours a week;
- Meet individually with grade school students who seem to be struggling at school or at home. Through more specialized attention, attempt to assess why a student might be experiencing difficulties.
- Document in case notes and discuss follow-up with on-site Program Director.
- Make contact and develop relationships with students’ teachers in aneffort to bridge a gap between the classroom and the tutoring room.
- Request extra work, IEPs, and strategies that will ensure students’ success.
- Plan and execute a weekly girls mentoring session.
- Utilize established community contacts to facilitate experiential learning opportunities at non-profitsthroughout the city. Debrief the group after each experience.
- Evaluate the skills established or insights gained from each experience.
Regardless of the internship possibilities, please send Sarah Hardin, the Director of Higher Education and Scholarship, and email expressing your interest within a Statement of Interest, as well as a resume. Indicate what position you are interested in applying for.
For more information contact Sarah Hardin, MSW-- Director of Higher Education and Scholarship at firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone number: 773.924.0220 ext. 127.