The Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Student Life is now accepting applications for a LGBTQ Student Advisory Board member and QGroup Leaders.
Office of LGBTQ Student Life Advisory Board
The Office of LGBTQ Student Life Advisory Board informs the Office of LGBTQ Student Life Director and the university administration of the needs of LGBTQ students, articulates the problems and issues currently facing LGBTQ students, and advises the Office of LGBTQ Student Life on areas of programming currently being offered. The board will also provide an opportunity for collaboration between RSOs and serve as means to create a more unified LGBTQ campus community. Members of the Office of LGBTQ Student Life’s Advisory Board are required to meet with the Office of LGBTQ Student Life Director as a group for 90 minutes every other week.
Click here to read the full list Office of LGBTQ Student Life Advisory Board responsibilities, expectations and guidelines.
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 27. If you are interested in applying for a board position, you may apply here.
QGroup leaders students who faciliate the six of the LGBTQ discussion groups as part of the Office of LGBTQ Student Life. QGroup leaders are volunteer positions and the responsibilities include:
- Organizing and lead 10 weekly discussion group meetings per quarter.
- Fill out weekly, short, online reports following each QGroup meetings.
- Maintain & expand existing QGroup email lists, using them to promote events & discussions
- Coordinate and run 1 larger program outside of the regular QGroup meetings
- Attend quarterly QGroup trainings, as well as quarterly 5710 trainings.
- Represent the Office of LGBTQ Student Life at various events on campus.
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 27. Fill out the QGroup Leader application here if you would like to apply for one of these positions.