- This week-long institute provides participants a unique opportunity to learn about the social and cultural experiences of Asian American youth in culturally diverse communities of Queens.
- The program will include meeting scholars/leaders with expertise on various Asian American topics, discussions on related issues, and field trips to community-based organizations and neighborhoods with large Asian American concentrations.
- The Summer Institute is designed for students who have little formal knowledge of Asian American communities and those who wish to deepen their understanding of diverse Asian American cultures. It is geared to provide a learning space for students from far and near to advance their knowledge of Asian Americans as well as the vibrant communities of Queens.
- The Summer Institute is open to undergraduate and graduate students between the ages of 18 – 25
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or B average (exceptions may be made in special circumstances)
- The admissions committee will select students based on these criteria as well as recommendations, seriousness of purpose, and enthusiasm to participate.
Download application forms from: www.qc.cuny.edu/Academics/Centers/Asian
Submit applications and enquiries to:
Michelle Bae Program Assistant Asian/American Center, Queens College 65-30 Kissena Boulevard Flushing, NY 11367 Tel: 718-997-3050; Fax: 718-997-3055 E-Mail: email@example.com
Application deadline: May 31, 2011
The registration fee for the Summer Institute is $150. This non-refundable deposit is due upon admission to the program by cashier’s check or money order.
Room and Board will be provided at the Queens College dormitory, The Summit , for the duration of the program. Expenses for air or ground travel will be reimbursed on approval of estimated cost with the submission of receipts. Students will receive a stipend of $500, which will be disbursed upon completion of the Summer Institute.