- Be a permanent resident of the Chicagoland area. Eligible counties include Cook, Dekalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, McHenry, Will, Lake (IL), Kenosha (WI)
- Identify as Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census.
- Be a current Asian and/or Pacific Islander American student entering their first year of college in the upcoming 2011 Fall Semester/Quarter
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Strong history and intent of community service
At the University of Chicago Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, we want students to have access to academic and cultural resources, but to also have opportunities independent of the classroom and student life. Thus, the following is a list of opportunities where students can go to search for funding, enrich their summers or find work after graduation.