About the Program:
Through a partnership with the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), UChicago has begun an undergraduate summer research program. Nine students from USTC have been paired up with faculty researchers at UChicago and will spend the summer quarter on campus working on various research projects.
As a way to get the students more acquainted with Chicago, OVPRNL has planned four mandatory events – a Welcome Lunch, 4th of July White Sox Game, Tour of Argonne National Laboratory and Fermilab, and Farewell Dinner – and five optional social events at various attractions around the city that will take place from July to August.
The Student Liaison will be the point of contact for the nine USTC students during their stay at UChicago, and will communicate any needs that arise with the OVPRNL. This position should check-in with the students often to facilitate communication and serve as a resource to the USTC students for information on the University of Chicago and the City of Chicago. The Student Liaison will be required to attend the mandatory events and accompany the students on the five optional social activities to serve as the guide and day-of coordinator for the events. This position will also be expected to facilitate in-formal activities with the students on campus and within the city.
- Interested individuals are preferred to be, but not limited to, those actively involved in science related fields.
- This is a paid position.
- The Student Liaison should be fluent in Mandarin.
- Night and weekend hours are expected.
- The position will be from approximately June 27th to August 25th.
- The Student Liaison is expected to work a minimum of two to five hours per week (hours will fluctuate depending on the activities planned).