The Research Computing Center is seeking motivated student employees to help provide skilled scientific and technical support in a Linux driven high performance computing environment. Job duties include working with users to solve their problems quickly and professionally, writing documentation, installing and testing software, and performing a variety of assigned tasks in an efficient manner.
The University of Chicago Research Computing Center (RCC) provides high-end research computing resources to researchers at the University of Chicago. It is dedicated to enabling research by providing access to centrally managed high performance computing (HPC), storage and visualization resources. These resources include hardware, software, high-level scientific and technical user support, education and training required to help researchers make full use of modern HPC technology and local and national supercomputing resources.
- A demonstrable knowledge of computers and interest in learning new computing environments.
- Good communications skills, with an emphasis on the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas through email.
- The ability to respond quickly and professionally to users of our services.
- Familiarity with Unix and command line driven operatio
- The ability to compile and install software in a Linux environment.
- Some programming and scripting capabilities, particularly in Fortran, C/C++, Python, Perl, or Bash
- Familiarity with some scientific computing applications: e.g.: image processing, Matlab, visualization, computational chemistry, computational physics, computational biology, text processing, etc…
Apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org