This position is part of the Securities and Corporate Governance practice group within the Law and Regulation Department. Among other duties, the Law Clerk is responsible for preparing draft minutes; conducting basic legal research; assisting with licensing applications; assisting with execution and closing of transactions; and managing files. This role will provide support for the corporate secretarial work for subsidiary companies.
Key accountabilities for this position include:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Ability to handle multiple transactions on an on-going basis
- Ability to conduct basic legal research and communicate results
- Knowledge of required software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements
- Ability to independently prepare presentations
- Ability to train and lead routine work processes
- Assimilate, gather, and summarize detailed information
- Research and compose correspondence
- Exposure to sensitive information requiring the use of tact and judgment
Interested candidates can forward their coverletter and resume to Linda E. Lu, Protection Law. Allstate Insurance Company, 2775 Sanders Road, Suite A8, Northbrook, IL 60062, 847-402-2219 (direct), 847-326-6440 (fax).